The Faculty of SCIENCE, University of Copenhagen, invites all students of ELLS member and partner universities to the ELLS Scientific Student Conference 2017
Location: the Faculty of SCIENCE, Copenhagen Denmark, November 17 - 18
Theme: "Global Challenges - the Impact of Life Sciences"
During the conference students from the member universities and from international partners of the Euroleague for Life Sciences will present their own research through oral and poster presentations.
The best three oral presentations in each subtheme and the best poster in each poster session will be awarded the ELLS Student Presentation Prize.
We are increasingly facing challenges at a global scale, both in terms of causes and the subsequent need for solutions.
Collaboration and knowledge production across borders and academic subject areas is necessary to examine and develop answers to some of the most pressing issues of our time - the health of humans, animals, plants and the environment; the quality, production levels, sustainability and safety of our food supply; and the need for an innovative and entrepreneurial approach.
The aim of this conference is to encourage you as students within the biosciences to engage with one another, and allow you the chance to disseminate your own research related to the headline and the three subthemes elaborated below.
Subthemes for the Scientific Student Conference:
- Global Health - Humans, Animals, Plants and Enviroment
- Food - Quality, Production and Safety
- Collaboration in Life Sciences - Enabling Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Travel: Participating students must arrange and pay for their own travels to/from Copenhagen as well as local transportation in Copenhagen
- Accommodation: Participating students must arrange and pay for their own accommodation in Copenhagen. Suggestions for accommodation can be found on the website.
- Accommodation grants: 5 presenting students from each member university will receive an accommodation grant for two nights, Thursday - Saturday. Any additional nights will be at the students' own expense. Winners of the accommodation grants are notified in September after the review process.
- Meals: Lunch Friday and Saturday as well as dinner on Friday is provided by the conference. Breakfast and additional meals will be the student's own responsibility.
Abstract submission deadline: 30th June.
Registration for the ELLS Scientific Student Conference opens on September 4 until 30 September 2017. If you did not submit an abstract or if your abstract was rejected you may also participate as an audience member.
Picture credit: University of Copenhagen