Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
40 Bachelor students from food science or related programmes worldwide
Can I earn study credits?
European students can earn 2 ECTS with this course
€ 95.- for the programme including stay and meals (lunch and dinners) + own means of transportation
What is expected from me?
- To have good command of English.
- To attend all lectures and activities, because you will definitely learn a lot!
- To read the study materials in advance, so you will be prepared for the lectures!
Where will I stay?
There will be a room provided by students of Wageningen University, so you will stay in a student room in Wageningen!
What about the food?
Meals (lunch and dinner) will be provided by Wageningen University and the sponsors of the Winter School.
Why at Wageningen University & Research?
- Largest Food Science department in Europe
- Ranked 65 of the world's best universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- The most international university in The Netherlands
During the Global Food Winter School you will have the opportunity to get a taste of the global perspectives and insights into the interdisciplinary nature of the food industry.
What to expect?
Daily lectures and workshops about food science and technology, sustainability, consumer behaviour and product development.
Product development case enabling you to practice various skills and to apply the knowledge gained during the week.
Company visits to get a glimpse of a daily practice in food industry
During these 5 days we have an intensive program full of various activities. Daily lectures are followed by workshops full of teamwork and collaboration with international students. The course includes case work about product development. And organized visits to companies and meetings with experts from those companies.
The application is open from: 14.11.2016
The application closes on: 12.12.2016
Picture credit: Global Food Winter School