Web 2.0 for Development - Internship at CTA
CTA is looking for an Intern Web 2.0 for Development (Web2forDev).
In 2010-2011, CTA successfully implemented Web 2.0 Learning Opportunities in 14 ACP countries. This resulted in training approx. 900 people, 33% women. Feedback from beneficiaries has been extremely positive and requests for replication of the initiative in other countries have been pouring in.
Each event lasts for 5 days for 25-28 trainees. 1 training day introduces the IMARK module “Social Media for Development”, which helps trainees to improve their skills through a self-learning offline approach.
In 2012 CTA in partnership with other development agencies, will extend the same initiative to additional 9 ACP countries. The implementation of the project is to stimulate (i) the adoption of low cost, simple and replicable Internet-based technologies to enhance stakeholders engagement in Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) policy making and in the improvement of value chains, and (ii) the effective use of local knowledge in the process.
A team of 4 officers will coordinate the implementation of the project. The Intern will work under the guidance of the project Team Leader (acting as Mentor) and in collaboration with the other Team Members.
Under the guidance, the Intern will carry out the following activities:
- Assist in the organisation and follow-up of Web 2.0 Learning Opportunities;
- Interact and collaborate remotely with consultants, host organisations and beneficiaries using technology;
- Assist in the gathering and processing data for M&E purposes and for assessing project impact;
- Contribute to the analysis of the results of a planned impact assessment;
- Assist in the French versioning of the English Web 2.0 curriculum which will be updated in early 2012;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the mentor.
- Start date: March-April 2012.
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once)
- Duty station: Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Medical coverage: provided for the duration of the internship
- International travel: not covered by CTA
- University degree in ICT or communication-related disciplines;
- Experience and keen interest in the area of Web 2.0 applications;
- Maximum 30-year old;
- Recently graduated;
- Fluent in written and spoken English or French and ability to work in the other language (mandatory criterion);
- Knowledge in managing CMS (Joomla) is welcome;
- Good organisation, inter-personal and communication skills;
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the ACP (Africa, Caribbean, and Pacific) States.
Interested candidates should submit the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the following text in the email subject field: [web2fordev internship application]
- Curriculum vitae
- Scanned copy of the university degree(s)
- One-page letter explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Deadline for application: 22 February 2012.