Opportunité de stage pour un francophone - Communications | Web - e-Agriculture
e-Agriculture is a global Community facilitating dialogue and resources on the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for sustainable agriculture and rural development.
As part of the work of the Office of Knowledge Exchange, Research and Extension (OEK) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), e-Agriculture is committed to provide a professional learning opportunity for the Intern.
General Description and objectives
The Intern will assist the e-Agriculture team in:
- Online research activities related to the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in agriculture and rural development, and reporting/linking these on the e-Agriculture platform.
- Update the e-Agriculture Community platform, with a particular emphasis on the French language content.
- As part of the responsibilities, the Intern will be required to draft, edit and review communications documents, as well as writing and blogging on his or her experiences during this virtual internship.
- The candidate will be required to participate in weekly online meetings (through Skype) with the e-Agriculture Team and partners.
- Assist in the preparation of policy briefs, promotional materials and newsletters.
- Support organization of online forums
- Become familiar with the work of OEKC and other parts of the Organization as appropriate.
- Other relevant activities.
Requirements and Experience
- Strong written French and English are required (an examination will be performed during the recruiting process).
- We are seeking for Internet savvy individuals with strong communications skills and interest in communications and development issues.
- The Intern will gain knowledge of social media and management of online communities.
- The Intern will gain basic understanding and skills of the CMS Drupal, as well as publishing content for the web and photo editing.
- Applicants must be in college or be recent college graduates.
- We seek a self-oriented individual who can set goals and accomplish them by working without close supervision.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Applicants must be organized, energetic and be able to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced virtual environment.
Global/virtual Internship - 3 months Part-Time Position 8-10 hours/week
19 December 2012
14 January 2013
This is an unpaid position but may be supervised for course credits. We will provide a professional and learning opportunity for the intern. Upon successful completion we will provide a letter of recommendation and a certificate of completion.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Applicant’s computer must have internet access, ideally a DSL connection or faster.
- Skype account is required.
- A Gmail account would be needed in order to work with Google docs.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 December 2013, with the subject line “Communications Internship – Francophone candidate” and include a CV.
- 1 of 294