In 2016 YPARD is celebrating ten years since its official launch at the GFAR Triennial meeting in New Delhi, November 2006. It was born from the challenges facing young professionals in agricultural development and the need for a support structure.
This year is the occasion to celebrate YPARD’s 10 year achievements and reaffirm our focus on supporting youth in today’s fast-paced, changing environment. A series of YPARD online and onsite events (campaigns, meetings, series of testimonials etc) will take place throughout the year, within our community and with partners.
The 2016 Celebratory Blog series
The 2016 Celebratory Blog Series includes a monthly blog contribution from partners, supporters, members, representatives and other special guests to talk about YPARD, what it has done for them and where they want it to go.
- To kick off 2016, we looked at how far we’ve come and what YPARD is doing for youth in the agricultural development sector, with Courtney Paisley, YPARD Director: 10 years of YPARD! What have we learned and where are we going?.
- In February, the very first YPARD Global coordinator: Balasubramanian Ramani (Bala), reflects on the genesis of YPARD: where and how it all started: a place for young amidst grey hair!
- In March, Marlene Heeb: YPARD’s focal point at SDC - Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation: a key support of YPARD from its beginnings, reflects on YPARD’s vision and what it means for SDC to “invest in the youth” for agricultural development: YPARD member or having a midlife crisis?
- In April, Sokhna Rokhaya Gaye, YPARD Senegal representative tells how she got involved with YPARD, how YPARD Senegal shaped up to become a strong YPARD Chapter and how it benefited her personally: YPARD, the key to access opportunities in agriculture
- In May, Machteld Schoolenberg, the first YPARD Web4Knowledge intern in 2011, tells how her involvement with YPARD activities has since then incredibly evolved. Machteld's story is a powerful means to show why and how much YPARD's work is relevant to its community of young professionals in agricultural development: YPARD and Me: A Fairy Tale and a Timeline
- In June, Allan Migwi and Duncan Cheruiyot, two of the YPARD Face to Face program mentees tell how they got involved with YPARD, how the mentoring program has shaped up to become a strong YPARD component and how it has benefited them personally.
- In July, Robin Bourgeois, Foresight advisor at the GFAR, projects the plausible futures of YPARD as a movement as well as young people involvement in agriculture in the next ten years: Celebrating the ten years of YPARD: A chronicle of the times to come
- In August, Nidhi Nagabhatla the Chair of YPARD's Steering Committee shares with us the ‘2016’ agenda where she envisions the youth, agriculture and food contributing towards sustainable development: Youth, Agriculture, Food and (sustainable) Development- The ‘2016’ agenda
- In September, Jose Luis Zevallos Anfossi, a young agriculturist based in Argentina who recently joined YPARD, tells us what inspired and aspired him to join YPARD Community, from his very fresh perspective and as someone who lives in a country where there is no YPARD Country chapter yet. He talks about his visions and hope as a new member, particularly in Latin America: Let's work together for Rural Development
- In October, Alessandra Giuliani one of the YPARD Co-founders, current Advisory Group Member and restless supporting member reflects on the growth of the network as well as on how YPARD inspired and influenced her continuing support to the youth throughout her career: YPARD: The secret to my youthful spirit
- In November, Nadia Manning-Thomas, Partnerships Manager at the CGIAR System Management Office, reflects on herself and the role of YPARD and CGIAR in growing talents: Growing together: me, YPARD and CGIAR
- In December, Marina Cherbonnier, the current communications and knowledge manager at YPARD, expresses what the added value of YPARD is, as an international network of young professionals in agriculture. Youth Network in Agriculture: we connect and rejuvenate the world
#YPARD10years infographic and video
In order to celebrate the young professionals for agricultural development (YPARD)’s 10 years of key milestones, we have prepared an infographic and a video that will lead you through YPARD’s progress in enhancing youth participation in the sector: Empowering Youth in Agriculture: 10 years in review
How can I join the celebrations?
YPARD members are the "raison d'être" and the pillar of YPARD's activities. Celebrate YOUR community! Be our Master Cake Baker or YPARD Ambassador. Take part in the "Bake a Cake" campaign, send your message video or unleash your own creativity to celebrate YPARD!
Check the first videos, pictures and activities of the year, March, April, May, June roundups, such as the Best of #YPARD10years part 1 and part 2, such as August, September, October and November roundups.
More is to come; stay tuned through this page!