YPARD France is seeking for a young, innovative and fresh spirited professional to take on the role of a Country Representative (CR) and continue its work on youth in agriculture!
Since 2012, the YPARD France chapter has been boosting youth's participation in agriculture, food and environmental issues by carrying out awareness work on social media and a consultative mission for higher education institutions on the development of training programs. The awareness activity is focused on three main axes: employability, new trends and evolution of international careers and latest research issues like climate smart agriculture and food systems.
Being a CR is a unique opportunity for you to be more active with fellow young professionals in agricultural and related fields in France as well as with the global YPARD network.
As a country representative and in collaboration with a core-group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work towards improving young people's perception of agriculture in France.
- Help Young Professionals (YP’s) reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of YPARD and representing the French members of the community at a national and global scale.
- Work on youth related issues in agricultural development in France and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations in the agricultural and allied sectors.
- Have a great asset for your CV as YPARD is supported by GFAR, FAO and many other partner organizations.
- Connect and get to know other CR’s and YP’s - not just at the European level but also globally.
- Have a link with YPARD partners (see the list of partners HERE).
- Contribute to the agricultural development in Europe.
- Travel on behalf of YPARD.
- Willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available)
- Between the age of 18 and not over 36-38 years
- Ideally based in France
- Familiar with youth and agricultural development issues
- Strong management, coordination and communication skills
- Self-motivated and assertive with results orientation
This is a voluntary position that will not interfere with your day to day activities. You will have full support from the YPARD Europe team in Prague (Stacy Hammond as the European Fundraising and Communications officer and Libuška Valešová as the YPARD Europe coordinator).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a one page motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and the reference “YPARD Country Representative” until Tuesday, July 31st, 2018. If you have questions, please contact us on the same e-mail address. We are looking forward to your application.
Picture credit: YPARD