The West Africa Integrated Production and Pest Management (IPPM) programme team at the FAO (agricultural production and protection division) is looking for an intern to compile a database on historical training data for Farmer Field School programmes across Western Africa.
In addition, the intern will support the team in analyzing and interpreting impact data from current project activities.
The programme also seeks to improve its visibility. As such the intern will support the design of ‘easy-to-use’ formats for reports and re-format some major reports according to newly developed formatting guidelines. If interested, the intern will also be involved in creating communication material to document project activities, including small case studies, posters, press releases, videos and website updates.
Gradually the intern might be able to support the team with additional activities. Ideas would also be welcome in order to further improve monitoring/evaluation and communication of projects results. A focus would also be on connecting the various projects to better understand common themes and outputs.
More information can be found on the website http://www.fao.org/agriculture/ippm/
- Fluency in English and French (written);
- Statistical analysis skills;
- Hands-on experience working with Excel to organize data, create pivot tables and undertake basic analysis;
- Very good written communication skills;
- Willingness to undertake repetitive tasks (for the completion of the database) and to help with administration when necessary;
- Experience or training in project Monitoring and Evaluation would be desirable.
Background in development work, climate change, resilience and field experience would be an asset. Experience working in diverse environments (both in terms of an office setting and also different locations) is also an asset.
Application deadline: Friday 12 June 2015
If you get short-listed for an interview you will have a reply by 25th of June 2015.
To apply, please send your CV and (if available) one or two examples of communication materials produced (max 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.