Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining climate, fertigation, phytosanitary strategies, monitoring of the different assigned crops, data collection and analysis of them for optimization and decision-making.
- Responsible for new tools promotion and implementation; data management, analysis to different crops relative to climate, irrigation and phytosanitary data.
- Responsible for carrying out the irrigation designs and keeping the different models updated in each sector. In addition, calibrate and maintain in perfect condition the different irrigation machines, climate controllers and other machinery assigned for their activity.
- Coordination and supervision of the climate and irrigation teams, collection of operational data, ensuring good communication within the team and with the rest of the station staff.
- Monitoring of activities according to weekly planning, providing ideas and solutions to the different setbacks that can be generated in the activity.
- Operational team member of CM activities, so get hands on other activities when necessary, within department responsibilities
- Weekly, monthly and annual planning according to the availability of the CM El Ejido team.
- Monitor the different processes assigned within the activities of CM Crops, supporting CM when necessary.
- Optimize (quality, monitoring and compliance) the yield of the assigned crops to achieve the objective proposed in each trial.
- Organize activity demands according to weekly planning to meet tasks and expectations.
- Ensure the implementation of new existing tools and support and implement future tools that are generated, providing ideas and solutions to achieve or adopt new ones.
- Actively propose new team solutions (SMART sheets, pivot tables, macros and a continuous improvement mindset required)
- Responsible for the ISO 9001: 2008, GSPP and HSE protocols, ensuring and promoting compliance with each and every one.
- Ensure the motivation and participation of the site community in collaboration with other features of the site.
- Active report through visual performance dashboards.
- KPI tracking for data collection teams with an operational excellence mindset
- Delivery of data within the agreed deadlines
- Knowledge in vegetable crops
- Build working relationships between different functions (Breeders, Marketing, Sales and farm staff).
- Standards implementations GSPP, ISO 9001 v2015, etc.
- Teams coordination, training capacity and communication skills within R&D functions.
- Leadership and goal oriented, achieving thing with or without direct report lines