About the Seminar
The Organizers are proud to host the 23rd International Wood Machining Seminar, IWMS-23. You are warmly invited to attend and contribute to IWMS-23, and to join the post-seminar industrial tour. IWMS-23 is the 23rd in a series of world-class seminars started in 1963. IWMS-23 provides a forum for leading international researchers and practicing engineers to present and discuss recent advances in wood cutting tools, processes and machinery. Practical information exchange and technical interaction among wood machining professionals are primary objectives.
The topics of interest will include
Primary and secondary machining processes, cutting process, tool materials and tool wear, advances in sawing technology, planing, molding, routing, sanding, novel wood products processing, etc. The official conference language is English. IWMS-23 is being held at the Mazurkas Conference Centre in Ozarow Mazowiecki, close to Warsaw, Poland has an extensive of the wood industry, with major production and research facilities. An optional post-seminar tour will enable participants to visit nearby wood processing plants and other places of interest. Warsaw is also a very interesting city for visitors, and the surrounding areas provide many attractions. For the convenience of participants, IWMS-23 is being held immediately following the nearby 2017 Ligna Hannover fair.
About the organizers
Among the hosts are:
1) The Faculty of Wood Technology of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW).
2) The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Gdansk University of Technology.
3) The Polish Chamber of Commerce of Furniture Manufacturers (OIGPM)
Date and Venue
The seminar will be held in Ozarow Mazowiecki, close to Warsaw, Poland 28 May – 31 May, 2017.
- Abstract submission deadline: December 15, 2016 (please send title, authors, affiliation, your abstract up to 300 words, and a type of suggested presentation to an e-mail address: email@example.com)
- Notification of acceptance: January 15, 2017,
- Early bird registration deadline: January 31, 2017.
- Full paper submission deadline: March 1, 2017. You can register now here.
Picture credit: 23rd International Wood Machining Seminar