The 2nd International Youth Job Creation Summit is a gathering of young leaders from all over the globe to agree and promote policies for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 8.
International youth groups, UN officials, policymakers and politicians will be taking part in youth-led workshops and roundtable discussions to examine job creation strategies, opportunities in the green economy and what youth can do to prepare for a shifting labour market in Rabat, Morocco from 8-11 November 2015
- How to reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training by 2020
- How to achieve full & productive employment and decent work for all young people by 2030
- How to develop and operationalize a Global Strategy for Youth Employment
- Separate economic growth from environmental degradation and improve global resource efficiency
- Delegates will be selected from applicants who are young people aged 18 to 30 years
- Delegates must have experience in and innovative ideas for youth job creation in the green economy
- Delegates must have fluency in English or French.
The Opening and Closing Ceremonies will have simultaneous translation in English, French and Arabic. Workshops and roundtables will mostly be in English, with some arranged in French and Arabic.
Applications close 17 September. A maximum of 250 delegate places will be available.