In 2021, the UN Secretary General will convene the Food System Summit as part of the Decade of Action to achieve the SDGs by 2030. The Summit includes five Action Tracks on Nutrition, Sustainable Consumption, Nature Positive Production, Livelihoods and Resilience.
The Action Tracks are complimented by Levers of Change to offer cross-cutting and transformative impact from enabling agendas such as youth and gender empowerment, finance, human rights, and innovation.
This Public Forum will aim to engage a wide network of diverse voices from public, private, civil society, farmer and consumer, innovator communities, experts and others. We invite you to join and exchange ideas on the role of innovation as an enabler for scale, and pace of addressing food systems transformation. Your contributions will help to shape the innovation agenda of the Summit.
Moderator: Sean de Cleene, Member of the Executive Committee, Head of Food Systems Initiative, World Economic Forum
- Leesa Shrader, Director, AgriFin Accelerate Program, Mercy Corps
- Joao Campari, Global Leader, Food Practice, WWF International
- Hamadi Boga Principal Secretary, Agriculture and Research, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of Kenya
- Helena Leurent, Director-General, Consumers International
Remarks by: James Lomax, Food Systems and Agriculture Adviser at UNEP and Secondee to the UN Food Systems Summit Secretariat
- This Public Forum will be live;
- Register here on Eventbrite by February 10;
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the Forum's Livestream. You will also receive an additional link to slido.com where you can leave your questions and comments to participate in the Public Forum.
Participate: To capture questions from the audience we will integrate Slido.com. Participants will be supplied with a slido.com link in their Eventbrite registration email. On the day of the Forum, enter the hashtag #InnovationLever to enter the live chat with your questions that will be answered during the scheduled discussion.
Innovation: Find out more about the Summit's Innovation Lever of Change here.