The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce the call for participants for the first youth regional forum for the World Heritage in Asia.
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre and Cambodian National Commission for UNESCO will organize the forum from 25 November to 3 December 2015 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The forum will bring together approximately 30 youth participants from 20 countries in the Asia-Pacific region (1 participant from listed countries; Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Viet Nam, and 10 participants from Cambodia). This forum will allow young people to share regional youth actions with the upcoming International Coordinating Committee for Angkor and the next 40th session of the World Heritage Committee in Turkey.
Requirements for participation
- Young citizens of one of 20 countries mentioned above;
- Aged from 20 to 30 years old with fluent English (no interpretation will be provided);
- Can attend for the full length of the event and invest time to prepare and follow up the Forum;
- Motivated and engaged in the forum with an interest in the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO, sustainable heritage management or cultural policies, and eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their local communities;
- Minimum 3 years of university studies or preferably with university degree in one of these fields: Architecture, Engineering, Tourism, Archaeology, Economic Sciences or Social Sciences.