The Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund at Humboldt University annually awards five scholarships for doctoral studies in the natural sciences to applicants from Arabic and other Islamic countries. The program for the current year seeks applicants in the disciplines of sustainable desert agriculture; plant-based medicine; and renewable energy. Eligible countries are Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt Universität faculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotions zulassung) before the scholarship's starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
- Full CV including grades
- Max. 10 pages research proposal
- 1/2 page abstract
- 1 page personal statement of purpose
- 2 letters of recommendation (1 written by a professor who is the supervisor of the PhD-student at Humboldt Universität)
For more information visit Yousef Jameel Scholarships official website