Two months to go before the curtains fall for the YPARD 10 Years celebrations. But, for us here at YPARD, the celebrations for youth in agriculture run all year long as evidenced by the ongoing activities.
The YPARD 10 Years Cake
In October, YPARD Cameroon team invites us to their YPARD 10 Years meetup through the following cake. The team met during the 7th Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services, an annual meeting that brings together players in the extension services industry to deliberate more on the growing agricultural services provision. Read more on Ghisain Bappa commentary: #YPARD10Years Celebration at the Town of Friendship
The Celebratory Series
In October, Alessandra Giuliani one of the YPARD Co-founders, current Advisory Group Member and restless supporting member reflects on the growth of the network as well as on how YPARD inspired and influenced her continuing support to the youth throughout her career: YPARD: The secret to my youthful spirit
The YPARD 10 Years Videos
Sing along the Happy Birthday YPARD song with the YPARD Cameroon team as they celebrate the YPARD 10 Years anniversary at Limbe Town during the GFRAS 7th Annual meeting.
Additionally, we have collated the ambassador and testimonials videos into a playlist for ease of accessing them. Have a look at them at our YouTube page.
Wondering how you can join the celebrations?
As a YPARD member,you form the pillar upon which YPARD's activities stand on. You can celebrate the YPARD community by Taking part in the "Bake a Cake" campaign, sending your message video , organising a YPARD 10 Years themed event or unleashing your own creativity to celebrate YPARD and sending all these to email@example.com
Read the September Roundup on Celebrating YPARD10years with cakes, ambassador videos and YPARD country activities.
Read The 2016 Celebratory Blog Series (available in English, French and Spanish)
- January: 10 years of YPARD! What have we learned and where are we going? by Courtney Paisley
- February: A place for young amidst grey haired! by Bala Ramani
- March: YPARD member or having a midlife crisis? by Marlene Heeb
- April: YPARD, the key to access opportunities in agriculture by Sokhna Rokhaya
- May: YPARD and Me: A Fairy Tale and a Timeline by Machteld Scoolenberg
- June: A Network that Every Young Person Dreams To Be Part Of by Allan Migwi and Finding a mentor through a Random Online Search by Duncan Cheruiyot.
- July:Celebrating the ten years of YPARD: A chronicle of the times to come by Robin Robin Bourgeois
- August: Youth, Agriculture, Food and (sustainable) Development- The ‘2016’ agenda by Nidhi Nagabhatla
- September: Let's work together for Rural Development by Jose Luis Zevallos Anfossi
- October: The secret to my youthful spirit by Alessandra Giuliani