Are you a young key multiplier playing an active role in a youth organisation, willing to gain skills to promote and disseminate principles of Global Development Education (GDE) to other young people?
Do you want to develop intercultural competences to facilitate peer-learning processes with other young people?
The North-South Centre (NSC) of the Council of Europe is organising the 7th Global Education and Youth Training Course for Youth Multipliers from 18th until 23rd September 2017, in the framework of the 18th University on Youth and Development, in Mollina, Spain.
The training course aims to empower representatives of youth organisations to further support the practice of GDE based on the NSC’s Global Education methodology, contributing to develop a better understanding of intercultural education, intercultural learning and intercultural competences.
This activity is part of the iLegend project: Intercultural Learning Exchange through Global Education, Networking and Dialogue co-funded by the Council of Europe and the Civil Society and Local Authorities Programme of the European Union.
Objectives and Expected Results
The training course has two main aims:
- to empower young people to further support the practice of GDE based on NSC GE methodology;
- to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote and disseminate principles of GDE to other young people.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- to understand the skills, values and knowledge behind the concept of GDE;
- to raise awareness about the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (UN Agenda 2030) and the role that young people and youth organisations have in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in their local communities;
- to offer a platform to reflect on the role of peer education among young people;
- to facilitate the development of specific training and facilitation competences and transfer of knowledge in educational methodologies for the development of multilateral youth activities that promote peaceful and inclusive societies;
- to contribute to a database/network of young trainers/multipliers on GDE that will support inclusive and equitable quality education;
Travel, board and lodging
The North-South Centre will issue pre-paid flight round-trip tickets from your country to Malaga. Arrivals are expected on 17th September and departures on 24th September.
Transfers from and to the airport/train station in Malaga will be ensured by the organisers. It is expected that participants/background organisations support expenses related to local transport in the home country, as well as visa costs. Please look for information regarding health and visa needs that you might have to attend the activity.
The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered (accommodation and meals). Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
Applications for the course are open until 28th July 2017, through the submission of the online application form and a recommendation letter from the sending organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- be a citizen from one of the Council of Europe member states and the Southern Neighbourhood;
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- be able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- be supported by one youth organisation/platform or institution.
Picture credit: Council of Europe.