The French-African Foundation has launched the Young Leaders program in response to the immense global challenges of the 21st century, which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to be true agents of change.
Selected candidates must show the talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change, in Africa and in France, and most importantly in the world. They must be committed and motivated to engage their potential and leadership to drive this change, as part of the Young Leaders program and Community.
For this 2021 edition, organized around the theme of "resilience", 100 candidates will be selected. 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in France and 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in Senegal.
This program represents an exceptional opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and internationals leaders in the public and private sector, and to drive positive impact.
Conditions to apply
- Be between 28 and 40 years old as of March 31st, 2021;
- French nationality or nationality of an African country;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
- Demonstrated engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders. The application must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports and community)
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts your community, country, or sub region.
In addition to candidates from all background, the Young Leaders Program will welcome 15 Young Leaders with a background in Sports. These candidates should :
- have participated in an international sports competition as athletes ;
- OR have an experience of at least 3 years, working in a structure with a link with sport ;
- OR have an experience working on a project centered on sport as a tool for social, environmental, economic or political development.
Picture credit: French-African Foundation