YPARD Bangladesh has more than 300 registered members and more than 2,600 Facebook members.
In Bangladesh, YPARD has already established a network of more than 10 public and more than 15 private Universities. She-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU) is hosting YPARD Bangladesh and its activities.
The major activities of this youth movement in the country involve encouraging young people to engage in agriculture as profession and better farming practices as profitable business as well as participating in agricultural policy issues. YPARD will effectively utilize its network and volunteers to organize the campaign, orientation events and idea competitions in individual institutions.
We are looking for one Communication Officer and the successful candidate is expected to start from the 15th August 2018.
- Do you have a background in agricultural related fields, environmental sciences, natural resource management, ICT4D, Journalism or similar fields?
- Are you passionate about and knowledgeable about issues related to agricultural and youth development?
- Do you have a keen interest and a proven flair for Information research, dissemination and communications?
- Do you have good written communication skills and are you eager to refine them?
- Do you show a strong curiosity and critical thinking, and no fear to go the extra mile for contributing to YPARD Team’s collective thinking and progressively taking responsibility for your actions?
- Do you have basic knowledge on MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint?
- Do you pay attention to detail and are you meticulous?
- Do you have sharp eyes for visuals while ensuring the message is strong and relevant?
- Are you a Young Professional, member of YPARD (If not, sign up at www.ypard.net)
- Do you have a working knowledge of English (necessary to be in touch with YPARD Community)? Are you fluent and show full written and verbal proficiency in both Bengali and English? Are you willing to write short blog posts/public articles?
- Are you looking for a valuable professional experience of a few hours a week in Agricultural Development?
If the response to all these questions is YES, you may just be the right person to join YPARD Bangladesh team need you as a Communication Officer. Fresh graduates are welcome and appreciated to apply!
YPARD Bangladesh has seen outstanding progress and over time, it has grown to become a vibrant and dynamic network in the country. To help shape and support this development, the YPARD Bangladesh is looking to strengthen its team with driven, self-motivated, innovative and problem-solving communications champions. The officer of the YPARD Bangladesh is a leader-to-be at their own level to support a demanding community of members. For this, you need to feel the YPARD from your gut and to undertake as YOUR mission: young professionals’ empowerment for agricultural development. Joining YPARD as an officer is more than “building an international career”.
One of YPARD’s objectives for 2018 is to boost our information services and membership in Bengali and English and we need to build a stronger “polyglot” team.
With the support of YPARD Core-team, as a Communication Officer:
- You will be taking the lead on updating the information available on the YPARD network and website in your dedicated language, including opportunities, events, featured ARD news for Young Professionals, key documents and videos for the e-library and video gallery. This includes finding the relevant information and publishing information on the website.
- You will be promoting this information via the different official YPARD social media accounts – Facebook page and groups, LinkedIn page and group, Twitter, Youtube, G+
- You will be leading the development of Young Professionals’ testimonials/Young Minds profiling series for the Showcase.
- You will be solicited to translate some YPARD news articles and the testimonials.
- Will lead communication between the members and other stakeholders through online as well as if necessary on the ground.
- Write blogs or public writings in Bengali or English or both in YPARD website and/or sometimes in news media.
What will the candidate gain from this position?
- You will be working with a community of enthusiastic and passionate young professionals in agriculture.
- You will upgrade your knowledge in agriculture, resources, ICTs and communications. You will benefit from training and workshop arranged by and be coached by YPARD Bangladesh team. You will learn how to post information through a CMS - Drupal -, display information effectively, use social media strategically, reach out to and work with young professionals to collect relevant conten, and refine your writing skills.
- You will learn about website management, on-line activities, and be given a space to implement your own ideas in the framework of YPARD strategic plans, benefitting from YPARD professionals’ experience.
- Working with YPARD is also about getting a chance to increase one’s network within the agricultural development sector and expanding one’s knowledge in on-line resources and organizations in ARD.
- Gain certificate and letter of completion for the job as well as a necessary recommendation.
Conditions of work
- You will work remotely and online, in close collaboration with the YPARD Bangladesh team. It is therefore compulsory that you have a good internet access and connection from your own place, Skype installed with headphone, and knowledge on how to use it (own responsibility)
- The communication contract is for 15 hrs a week, for 6 months (renewable); mostly remote-based but regarding any event or meeting, the officer should present physically according to the task. You will have weekly Skype meetings with the team.
- This position is not remunerated but any cost relevant to YPARD activities can be reimbursed with prior approval.
How to apply
Send a CV and a motivation letter (no more than 1 page each) to email@example.com with: [YPARD Bangladesh Communication Officer application] in the subject line. CV should include all your interests and experiences if any, relevant to our call. You can contact if you have any further query to the same email id.
Deadline for the application depends on until the positions are filled. Skype interviews shall happen with the prospective candidates.
Incomplete applications won’t be considered. Applicants will receive acknowledgment of receipt and updates when appropriate.