YPARD Spain is seeking a young, innovative and fresh spirited young professional to take on the role of a Country Representative (CR) and continue its work with youth in agriculture!
Being a CR is a unique opportunity for you to be more active with fellow young professionals in agricultural and related fields in Spain as well as with the global YPARD network.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2020
As a country representative and in collaboration with a core group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work toward improving young people's perception of agriculture in Spain.
- Help Young Professionals (YP’s) reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of YPARD and representing the Spanish members of the community at a national and global scale.
- Work on youth-related issues in agricultural development in Spain and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations in the agricultural and allied sectors.
- Have a great asset for your CV as YPARD is supported by GFAR, FAO, and many other partner organizations.
- Connect and get to know other CR’s and YP’s - not just at the European level but also globally.
- Have a link with YPARD partners (see the list of partners HERE).
- Contribute to agricultural development in Europe.
- Travel on behalf of YPARD.
- Willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available) other than support for your activities and participation at events
- Between the age of 18 and not over 36-38 years
- Ideally based in Spain, we strongly prefer people who have a link to the country, based in the country for long term or originally comes from the country (but still has a link with it)
- Familiar with youth and agricultural development issues
- Strong management, coordination and communication skills
- Self-motivated and assertive with a results orientation
This is a voluntary position that will not interfere with your day to day activities. You will have full support from the YPARD Europe team in Prague (Stacy Hammond as the European Communications Officer and Libuška Valešová as the YPARD Europe coordinator).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a one-page motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and the reference “YPARD Country Representative” until April 30th, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address. We are looking forward to your application!
Picture credit: YPARD