Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) is an international movement led by young professionals, for agriculture progressors in order to bring positive changes in the agricultural sector. YPARD is not merely a formal institution, rather it is a network of several agriculture front runners sharing a common goal of agricultural development. This global on-line and off-line discussion platform is meant to enable and empower young agricultural leaders around the world to shape sustainable food systems.
YPARD Nepal is a branch of YPARD which is supported by YPARD Asia, Pacific Coordination Unit, and YPARD global coordination Unit. It is structured with a Country Representative, 26 Local Representatives and over 1200 web registered Members from Nepal under particular Network. Like YPARD, YPARD Nepal is actively engaged in keeping young professionals abreast of innovative technology and information related to agriculture through executing various indoor and mass programs within the reach of the network. We provide motivation, share their ideas and views within the network.
Currently, we are looking for the Local Observers (LO) who will be working as a team. They will be assigned to assist Local Representatives (LRs) in their responsibility so that they can learn about various past and current activities of YPARD and figure out the basic roles and responsibilities of LRs. Based on their work performance and eligibility they will be inducted to YPARD Local Representative.
- Candidate must have experience of working with LR Team in the past or have participated in any YPARD Nepal programs and events.
- He/she should be at least enrolled in a bachelor’s degree with any educational background. However, Agriculture, Food or Dairy or Meat Technology, Horticulture, Fishery, Forestry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering Nutrition, and Dietetics or related subjects are preferable.
- Contribute to YPARD Nepal annual planning, meetings and implement the plan.
- Help LRs in event management and be with them on the basis of workload.
- Explore the opportunities related to agriculture and related fields and post in YPARD Site.
The job is entirely voluntary, no stipend or salary will be provided but there is a good opportunity to work with the experienced team and former local representatives.
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria can send their letter of interest and current CV (max 2 pages) via electronic mail to email@example.com with the subject: "Interest to volunteer as Local Observer" by January 30, 2020.