Learn the effects of agricultural policy in Latin America and the Caribbean, and analyze them using the AGRIMONITOR platform, developed by IDB. The course is available on EdX.
About this course
As a consumer, you know the price of the food that you consume daily. However, do you know why your food costs this amount and why it is different from the price it’s sold for in other countries? Well, agricultural public policies determine, among other things, the price you have to pay for your food. In fact, did you know that these policies also impact food security and climate change?
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of agricultural policies and their influence on the economy.
- Use the Producer Support Estimate (PSE) methodology and the AGRIMONITOR platform.
- Compare trade policies and competitiveness strategies using AGRIMONITOR.
- Identify the relationships among agricultural policies and food security.
- Identify the relationships among agricultural policies and climate change.
Course length: 5 weeks (6-8 hours/ week)
Picture credit: edX