Under the overall supervision of the Team leader of the Interim Facilitation Unit for CSA and the direct supervision of the Natural Resources Officer (Climate Change) the incumbent will support the activities related to the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture (GACSA). In particular, the incumbent will:
- Support identifying and contacting new stakeholders who could be involved in the alliance, including the maintenance of members and observer lists.
- Support the compilation of CSA case studies and expertise lists.
- Help in the organization of events and conferences.
- Help in the preparation of communication materials including the maintenance of the Web site.
Candidates should meet the following:
- Master in Agriculture or biological and environmental sciences;
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age.
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Recent graduates or students in a recognized university or graduate school programme in a field of environmental issues;
- Knowledge of international institutions and global environmental issues, especially climate change;
- Communication skills, both written and oral, on relevant technical issues;
- Knowledge on organizing events and conferences;
- Ability to work under pressure and in partnership with different external stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of English with strong writing skills. Other languages would also be beneficial (Arabic, Chinese French, Russian and Spanish).
Applicants interested in participating in the project as Intern should submit a CV along with a brief statement describing their interests and reasons for wishing to participate in the project directly to the ACSA-Facilitation-Unit@fao.org
Note that the deadline for submitting your CV is the is the 16 January 2015.
The intern will receive a stipend of US$ 700 per month.
Duration: 4 months
Location: Rome, Italy