Hipsters of Nature is a community of people dedicated to change towards sustainability through engaging artistic events and projects.
For 2016 they have attracted funding from GIZ to carry out a project in Nima, a poor neighbourhood of Accra, where they want to support 250 households to experiment with multi-storey gardens growing vegetables and fruits in sacks, cans, PET bottles, etc.
They are looking for a student from outside Ghana to support us in this. The intern will receive a contract with Hipsters of Nature, a return flight to Ghana, visa support, a stipend of 400 EUR/month and a good working environment. He/she will be twinned with an intern from Ghana. This internship offers practical work in an urban, poor community and at the same time opportunities for socio-economic agricultural research.
- Be a student of agriculture-related sciences
- Have “Green Hands” and an interest in gardening
- Be self-motivated and willing to assume responsibility in a team of volunteers contributing to the expected results of the GIZ-sponsored urban agriculture project
- Have a minimum command of English
- Have a certain intercultural competence to be able to work in a Muslim-dominated neighbourhood
Please send your application (best until 29 February 2016) to Beatrice Dossah, Founder of Hipsters of Nature: email@example.com (with cc. to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate your availability and the desired length of your internship.