Access Agriculture was established in 2012 as an international NGO with a Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya, to support structured on-line viewing, downloading, and physical distribution of quality agricultural training videos in local and international languages. The organisation also has a regional office in Cotonou, Benin, as well contact points in Bangladesh and India, and is expanding its scope to Latin America.
Access Agriculture seeks to increase awareness of its video platforms and to strengthen synergies with other social media platforms by engaging a resourceful, vibrant, self-motivated, hands-on person to handle its social media function.
The position will be based at the Nairobi Office. The incumbent will report to the Knowledge Management Specialist and work very closely with other relevant staff members. Access Agriculture will pay a competitive salary to the successful candidate based on Access Agriculture’s salary scales for the position and commensurate with experience.
1. Create a comprehensive social media strategy geared towards increased visibility, membership and traffic to the Access Agriculture and Agtube platforms.
2. Update and maintain relevant social media accounts with current information and relevant links, photos, video or other content from Access Agriculture and partner activities and events.
3. Post news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content and interact with relevant organizations and interest groups.
4. Respond to posts, comments or messages to bring value to user’s interactions with Agtube and Access Agriculture.
5. Grow Agtube online social networks by increasing the user base and interactions, and finding users to follow/like/register on the Agtube website with the aim of also driving traffic to the Access Agriculture Farmers’ Knowledge Platform.
6. Research and identify articles, stories, resources or other content that is relevant to our user base and to post to social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
7. Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our organization mandate.
8. Keep abreast of developments in social media to ensure Access Agriculture maintains best practices.
9. Use Google Analytics to assess trends and activities on the video portals.
10. Work closely with web designers to monitor Agtube to guard the quality of content and discourage abuse of the site.
11. Under the supervision of the Knowledge Management Specialist, review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans or strategies to optimize reach.
12. Complete other social media projects as assigned.
1. Proven work experience as a Social Media Strategist or Social Media Manager
2. Hands on experience using social media for communicative learning
3. Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and web traffic metrics (including Google Analytics)
4. An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
5. Familiarity with social media publishing
6. Excellent multitasking skills
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Bilingual competency (i.e. English-French and/or English-Spanish)
9. Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, ICT, or relevant field
10. An interest in agriculture and a desire to help improve rural livelihoods
Interested candidates are advised to send a cover letter and copy of their CV detailing academic background, relevant work experience, and referees by email to:
So as to reach him not later than the end of Friday 1st September 2017.
Find the original job advert at Access Agriculture website