The 4C Association aims to unite all relevant coffee stakeholders in working towards the improvement of the economic, social & environmental conditions of coffee production, and processing to build a thriving, sustainable sector for generations to come.
4C is the leading multi-stakeholder sustainable coffee platform, guiding the sector towards mainstream sustainability in a non-competitive arena where all relevant stakeholders are enabled to participate. It provides a recognized entry-level standard as a first step in continuous improvement towards sustainability; it promotes and partners with other standards and initiatives in the market, and addresses the broader coffee sustainability agenda.
Oxford HR is working with 4C Association to recruit a new Verification Manager to ensure the functioning of a credible verification system under the current regulations and managing the verification team, while also leading the potential transition into competitive outsourced operations towards the end of 2016.
From €55,000 p.a.
- Maintains, coordinates and monitors an effective verification system and QMS for verification related processes, including the system oversight mechanism and complying with ISEAL Assurance Code;
- Defines and maintains verification procedures, steers the optimisation of efficiency and effectiveness in the verification processes by analysing current processes, and provides input into further developments of the Verification regulations, in line with the ISEAL Assurance Code;
- Manages the verification team and budget allocated to the verification team, providing adequate support and resources;
- Ensures confidentiality and impartiality to make sure that the performance of the verification-related tasks is completed in an impartial/ free of conflict of interest manner;
- Makes licensing decisions for 4C Units (including under benchmarking);
- Responsible for verifier capacity and competency and approving/ disapproving potential/existing 4C verifiers;
- Coordinates and monitors the approval and registration of verification bodies, including coordination of training; oversight of the performance of quality management and monitoring systems; and coordination and maintenance of a broad network of approved verifiers, accessible for all members interested in verification;
- Undertakes a market analysis and conducts feasibility study into the options;
- Explores competitive business services for a spin off company;
- If approved, takes a lead in implementation of the spin off company, providing positive results of analysis and feasibility study
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject (Economics, Business Administration, Agriculture, Food Science, Agronomy, Social Science, etc.)
- At least ten years of professional experience in the certification/verification/auditing business, preferably with social/environmental standards (e.g. Organic, UTZ Certified, Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade International, Forest Stewardship Council, GlobalGAP, SA8000 etc.)
- At least eight years professional experience at management level in an auditing business or similar, including managing teams of diverse staff, work planning and budgeting
- Work experience in the agriculture sector and/or as an auditor against relevant standards: coffee is an advantage
- Understanding of agricultural commodity chains and production systems and their sustainability issues
To apply for this post, please complete our online application form and submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable. (Please look at “Advice for Candidates” on the Oxford HR website for hints on how to write a successful statement).
- The documents should be saved in Word in the following format: Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.: