The Nepal chapter of Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) is seeking a new Country Representative (CR) from January 2018 to carry out the objective of YPARD and coordinate the activities of the network. Since 2012, it is working on boosting youth's participation in agriculture, food and environmental issues in Nepal.
The YPARD Nepal’s current national working group includes a country representative and 13 local representatives: all young professionals from agricultural universities, research institutions, development sectors and farming communities. There are more than 780 registered members from Nepal, which is also top fourth country by membership key numbers at YPARD website. You can read more about YPARD Nepal.
Two (2) years term (renewable once based on performance and consensus of the national working group and Regional Coordinator for Asia and Pacific).
- Coordinate and ensure proper implementation of YPARD activities in Nepal,
- Consciously ensure that activities are implemented in line with at least one of YPARD’s strategic objectives,
- Increase the awareness and membership of YPARD in Nepal,
- Work on youth issues in agricultural development in Nepal and link these efforts with regional initiatives,
- Create and maintain a culture of ownership towards all YPARD members,
- Contribute to regional efforts by working closely with other CRs in Asia and Pacific region,
- Report promptly and efficiently to the Asia and Pacific Regional Coordinator,
- Ensure regular communication of information and activities to the broader YPARD community,
- Build and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations in the agriculture and allied sectors,
- Work to make sure the voice of youth is heard within the country about agricultural development.
- Be willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available),
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in any agriculture courses or allied sciences,
- A track record of leadership or people management,
- Be a signed-up member of YPARD for at-least 6 months from time of receiving this call,
- Be between the age of 18 and 35 years,
- Willingness to work with teams,
- S/he expected to be familiar with youth and agricultural development issues with relevant experiences,
- S/he should have proven capacity to successfully build up contacts within regional unit as well as maintain the contact to the Global Coordinating Unit,
- Must be based in Nepal.
- Good use of social media,
- Strong communication skills,
- Proposal writing and fundraising skills,
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills,
- Self-motivated and assertive with a results orientation,
- Demonstrated the ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Before the YPARD representative is selected, the candidate is expected to have demonstrated a commitment to YPARD by being an active member in the YPARD network. An active member may have already organized an event, engaged in some of these activities and/or organized or participated in online events and or knowledge sharing. Get more insights on how you can become an active member at YPARD.
All interested Nepalese candidates are requested to send a 1-page cover letter and 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org “Ref: YPARD Country Representative” in the subject.
Deadline is 10th December 2017.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on 15th December 2017. Those shortlisted candidates will, in turn, be presented to YPARD Nepal working group members for a voting process to select their favorite candidate.
YPARD is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Photo courtesy: YPARD Nepal