Since 2012, the Swiss chapter of Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) is helping to boost youth's participation in agriculture, food, and environmental issues in Switzerland. YPARD Switzerland is seeking a new Country Representative (CR) from July 2018 or upon agreement. Do you bring along a young, innovative and fresh spirit? Then this is the position for you!
Becoming a CR can be a unique opportunity for you to be more active with fellow young professionals in agricultural and related fields in Switzerland as well as with the global YPARD network.
As a country representative and in collaboration with a core group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work towards improving young people's perception of agriculture in Switzerland.
- Help young professionals (YP’s) to reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of YPARD and representing the members of the community in Switzerland.
- Work on youth-related issues in agricultural development in Switzerland and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations in the agricultural and allied sectors.
- Travel abroad, e.g. YPARD Strategic Planning Meetings (SPM) such as the one recently held in Prague Czech Republic, GCARD3 in South Africa – many young professionals from YPARD attended with the support of GFAR (more information) and much more!
- Have a great asset for your CV as YPARD is supported by GFAR, FAO, and many other partner organizations.
- Connect and get to know other CR’s and YP’s - not just at European level but also globally.
- Have a link with YPARD partners (see the list of partners HERE).
- Contribute to the agricultural development in Europe.
- Willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available)
- Between the age of 18 and 35 years
- Ideally based in Switzerland
- Familiar with youth and agricultural development issues
- Strong management, coordination and communication skills
- Self-motivated and assertive with results orientation
This is a voluntary position that will not interfere with your day to day activities. You will have full support from the YPARD Europe team in Prague (Stacy Hammond as the European Fundraising and Communications officer and Libuška Valešová as the YPARD Europe coordinator).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a motivation letter of one page and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “YPARD Country Representative” until 17th of June 2018. If you have questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address. We are looking forward to your application.
Picture credit: YPARD Switzerland